What supplements help manage symptoms of ADHD?
1. Omega-3s for Concentration
The fatty acids found in cold-water fish like sardines and salmon that may help to improve:
2. Zinc for Impulsivity
These supplements may reduce hyperactivity and impulsivity. Low levels of zinc also correlate with inattention.
3. Iron for Better Behavior
Some experts believe that iron deficiencies may contribute to ADHD symptoms, and that a supplement may improve behavior.
4. Magnesium for Calm
Healthy levels of magnesium in the blood can help relax individuals with ADHD, and calm a busy brain.
5. Vitamin C for Healthy Brain Function
“Vitamin C is important in modulating the neurotransmitter dopamine at the synapses in the brain.” – Dr. Ned Hallowell
6. Melatonin for Sleep
Melatonin is a natural hormone produced in our bodies that promotes sleep.
Learn more about natural treatments for ADHD:
1. What to Eat, What to Avoid:
2. Free Download: ADHD-Friendly Cooking Tips
3. Free Webinar Replay: New Supplement Strategies: Using Trace Minerals and Plant Extracts to Treat ADHD in Children and Adults
Subscribe to the ADDitude YouTube Channel:
Visit the ADDitude web site:
Follow ADDitude on Facebook:
Follow ADDitude on Instagram:
Follow ADDitude on Twitter: